Sorry, wanted to get this off my chest here…
The Wildcats will be honored, again, tonight at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, OH before the Reds vs. Giants game at 7:10 p.m. The entire team, and Cal are expected to be on hand to celebrate their National Championship. I am definitely going to be on hand for the game for a couple different reasons. How could I miss the Cats celebrating their National Championship? Plus, as a Reds fan, my two favorite teams are combined into one night, that is awesome to me.
Ohio sports fans are not very happy about this. It appears that Ohio fans are extremely jealous of the Cats accomplishments and will not be welcoming the Cats in with open arms. There is a huge UK following in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area. With that, there is also a huge rigorous split among the fans. You either love them or hate them (UK that is). Ohio State, Cincinnati and Xavier fans are very loyal to their teams. They don’t appreciate UK fans up there. They look “down” at Kentucky fans. So much so that they are planning on boycotting the game tonight or booing excessively during the game.
Really? You’re going to boo? Classy. I could understand if it was the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Xavier Muskateers or even if Ohio State/Michigan was involved. Those are fierce rivals. But UK? These aren’t rivals. It is a pure ignorance and jealousy. But we will see, I may have to retract my statement after the game tonight, but after reading these comments on the Reds Fan Site, I don’t have much faith.
- But for new contracts from Votto and Phillips, the UK team payroll would be higher than the Reds.
- I’ll be sure to not be in attendance for that game. Probably won’t even watch it on TV for that matter. They aren’t even from Ohio. How about recognizing the 4 Ohio teams that made the sweet sixteen instead? Go Reds.
- they have a team? I thought they all went to the NBA like they usually do
- Stay In Kentucky u fools..this is OHIO. bUCkeye State
- not hating on uk here, but i wouldnt want to be a uk fan at that game cuz there will more than likely be a lot more boos than cheers
Filed Under: Uncategorized
About the Author: