I can’t always tweet during games, but when I can, I’m going to post them here for the whole world to see. You should already be following the StraitCats.com crew on Twitter for a lot of additional content and commentary, but if you aren’t, here’s your chance to enjoy the game as I see it moment-by-moment in sequential order.
Today’s tweets cover Kentucky’s season-opening 32-14 loss to Louisville.
- Gonna be a long day waiting for this game to start. Can’t wait. #BBN
- Like the PAT decision. No need to risk it here. Good and confident message sent with that playcall. #BBN
- Foster looks pretty good. Gonna need a good punter, it seems. He’s really just adding 15 yards to every Louisville drive, though.
- Perry looks like he’s taking a Sunday stroll down an empty church aisle.
- UL should’ve given their punter’s scholarship to somebody else this year. Doesn’t look like they’re going to need him for UK, anyway.
- Say a prayer for CoShik. We may need him at corner.
- Wow. ESPN’s announcers don’t even know players’ real names. Great crew they pulled out for this one. #BBN #WeAreUK #WeAreMister
- Time for a halftime Twitter break. Will be spent washing my eyes, getting UK’s defense out.
- Wow. Ballsy move. Unfortunately followed by a 7-yard loss sack.
- Smith’s “fumble” ruled a forward pass. Results in a missed field goal.
- Even AutoMcIntosh is feeling the effects of Kentucky’s defense. He was too worried about them taking the field to focus on his kick.
- At this point, giving up a field goal seems like a victory.
- Nothing like giving Louisville incredible field position. But it’s not like it matters with the UK defense. Either a 25 yard drive or a 90.
- @abpriddy I’d love to see Gilmore running it against Kentucky, just to see him flattened. But then again, he’d probably be able to score.
- Smith looks good, let’s hope that elbow stays good.
- I’ve been giving Kentucky lots of hate today, but I actually see some good things to build on.
- To those harping on folks giving up on Football for BBall. They’re not mutually exclusive. Can be excited for BBall and enjoy Football.
- You know, this could get awfully interesting in a minute. Defense is starting to complement the strong passing game to remain competitive.
- Scratch that, fumble just outside the goal line.
- That dropped interception is the first time Louisville has dropped a pass.
- Just making yet another joke at the expense of UK defense. Our receivers are better in the secondary.
- I think the guy pushing the governer’s cup could’ve gotten 100 yards today.
- Seems like tweet activity has totally died off. Did people already stop watching the game?
- As this thing winds to a close, I don’t feel totally hopeless about this season. Still think 4 games might be a possibility, bowl unlikely.
- Max Smith exceed expectations, Collins was a nice surprise, CoShik looked good. Defense was able to stop second-stringer in Big East.
- Louisville 32, Kentucky 14, Rod Gilmore -436.
That was it for Louisville, but I should be back next week with more witty commentary, jokes at the defense’s expense, and a few hopeful comments along the way.
Filed Under: Football
About the Author: Corey Tincher is a lifelong Kentucky fan and professional writer who couldn't keep the two worlds apart. He is the lead contributor for StraitCats.com and literally wrote the book on the 2012 NCAA Tournament Championship run, Big Blue Articles: Kentucky Basketball in the 2012 NCAA Tournament. Follow @Corey_Tincher on Twitter for more Kentucky news and discussion.