The men’s basketball team takes their show back on the road tomorrow against South Carolina as they look to protect their unblemished SEC record. The last time Kentucky went into Columbia, S.C. to face the Gamecocks, Devin Downey knocked Kentucky off their top position and gave them their first loss of the season. The Wildcats will definitely be on alert this weekend to make sure history doesn’t repeat itself.
Meanwhile, the 6th ranked women’s team continues to plow through the SEC with another win over Ole Miss last night. The ladies are doing some serious work and don’t get the credit they deserve. Their success has made the University of Kentucky one of the basketball hot spots in the entire nation. Congrats to Matthew Mitchell and their staff and good luck the rest of the way. Let’s bring home two National Titles to Lexington this spring. On to the links…
- Here’s a great article about our women’s team off to their best start in program history after their win over Ole Miss last night. There are some great quotes from the players from Coach Mitchell and the ladies about their season up to this point.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader is reporting that LSU player Malcolm White has sent letters of appology to Anthony Davis and John Calipari for his hard foul on Davis in Kentucky’s win in Baton Rouge on Saturday.
- Tom Leach over at Cat Scratches talks about how a movie they view inspired the Cats before a win over Georgia earlier this season.
- Rajon Rondo, who has been out with a wrist injury and has missed the last eight games, could be close to returning to action. The Celtics, however, are 6-2 in Rondo’s absense.
- Demarcus Cousins talked to the Sacramento Bee about their struggles saying that “old habbits are hard to break.” Cousins was benched last night with foul trouble in their 95-92 win over Portland. He finished with just 8 points and 6 rebounds in 15 mintues of play.
- Some guy named Kevin Jones from WUSA9.com gave John Wall a D+ grade for his season thus far. It probably doesn’t help that his team is miserable and they have done nothing to acquire talent and build around him. They have some solid young building blocks, but they are role players at best. Get this guy some weapons already!!!
About the Author: